Sun IPX and PPS via serial port

Hi everyone,

I've searched the archives but haven't seen my question.

I'm trying to use my IPX as a time keeper for my network using ntpd fed with a GPS. I have a commercial GPS receiver with PPS output attached to /dev/ttyb (PPS signal on DCD) and symlinks set up for /dev/gps1 and /dev/pps1. I've recompiled the kernel for -current to include PPS_SYNC and configured ntpd as:

#enable GPS refclock 20 and accept only $GPRMC
server    127.127.20.1  minpoll 4 maxpoll 4 mode 1

#establish offset and enable PPS
fudge     127.127.20.1  time1 0.270 flag1 1 flag3 0 refid GPS

After setting all that up ntpd does find the gps and reads in the NMEA sentence properly and syncs to the clock. However, it never shows that it has discovered and moved to PPS.

I'm going to triple check the wiring after having double checked it but am I missing something else?

As a test, I had also configured the ntpd PPS refclock 22 but it never saw anything:

server         127.127.22.1
fudge          127.127.22.1  time1 0.600 flag3 1 refid PPS

I also compiled the latest version of gpsd and tried to run it but it would only read the serial data and made no indication of finding the PPS signal.

I'd be very grateful for any information you may have.

Thanks