Re: NetBSD support for Suns with dead IDPROM batteries

[paragraph-length line repaired manually]

> Further, according my research, the IDPROMs themselves cease to be
> programmable after a time.

Where'd you find that?  Since they're not EPROM of any sort, just
battery-backed static CMOS RAM, I can't see any reason they'd have a
write cycle limit any more than any static RAM does.

Presumably they will deteriorate with age, just as any chip does, but
_that_ kind of wear-out will take a very long time indeed on the kind
of timescale we're talking about here.  (I'd expect it to take
centuries, possibly millennia, for those effects to matter.)

So, I'd like to go to the source for myself.

\ / Ribbon Campaign