to fear that a mischiev

as far as I am concerned, underived from the lucubrations of others.
This other interpretation involves a typical view
of the general characteristics of Christendom's seven true churches,
as they are to be found standing at the coming of their Lord; the
Asiatic seven may be
assimilated, in their religious peculiarities, with the national
Protestant
churches of modern Europe:
what order should be preserved in this assimilation, unless indeed it be
that of eldership, it might be difficult to decide; but, excluding those
communities which idol-worship has unchurched, and leaving out of view
such anomalies
as America presents, having no national religion, we shall find seven
true churches now existing, between which and the Asiatics many curious
parallels might be run: the seven
are, those of England, Scotland, Holland,
Prussia, perhaps Switzerland, Sweden, and Germany. Without professing to
be quite confident as to the list, the idea remains the same: it is but
a light hint on a weighty subj