Re: installing NetBSD on a Sparcstation 2.

In article <1903089376.531.1282604783623.JavaMail.root@mail>,
Dan Oglesby  <danno%serverunderground.com@localhost> wrote:

>The first disk boots up to the point where you get the little spinning
>stick/progress indicator, but after a couple of minutes it errors with:
>
>lseek section headers: invalid file offset
>Cannot load netbsd: error=103

It probably wants to seek to the second drive, while the first is
in. Can you:
- Instrument lib/libsa/cread.c the SEEK_SET code to see what the offsets
  are when it returns EOFFSET?

Or if you are in a hurry to boot:
- change in sparc/include/loadfile_machdep.h
 #define LOAD_ALL (LOAD_KERN & ~(LOAD_NOTE|LOAD_SYM))
 #define COUNT_ALL (COUNT_KERN & ~(COUNT_NOTE|COUNT_SYM))

to avoid loading the note and the symbol table.
I wish I had a sparc2 with a floppy to test, but a friend of mine through
my trusty sparx out...

christos