Re (3): Boot partition sizes

Julian,

Thanks for the information.  It helps to solidify my plan.

From:   Julian Coleman <jdc%coris.org.uk@localhost>
Date:   Mon, 23 Aug 2010 08:55:03 +0100
> I have updated my SS2 to 5.1 RC3.  ...
> 1GB for boot and system might be a bit tight if you install lots of packages.
> You could shrink that to 750MB and add 500-750MB for /usr/pkg.

I can be more specific.
My only software requirement is a simple Web server,
which I understand exists in NetBSD 5.  So I have the
impression that a base system with the Web server and
no extreme measures to conserve storage, will run in
the 1 GiB part of the drive.  Then the 5, 6 and 6 GiB
parts can hold the documents being served.  Any further
advice before I partition the drive will certainly help.

Thanks,            ... Peter E.

--
VoIP 7785886232 is being cancelled.  Please use 13604502132.
Sparcstation 2 netboots netbsd; SCSI disks are being arranged.