Re (3): installing NetBSD on a Sparcstation 2.

From:   Georg Brein <Georg.Brein%unibas.c.@localhost>
Date:   Wed, 07 Jul 2010 06:00:54 +0200
> ... problems installing NetBSD 4.0 RC1 on a SparcStation 2
> with firmware revision 2.2 ... went away after a firmware
> upgrade to revision 2.9.

On this machine,

ok .version
Release 2.4.1 Version 991 created 91/08/29 15:30:00
ok

A few hours ago I happened upon a Web page listing
the latest firmware releases for a long range of models
beginning before sun4c.  It seemed to indicate that
a release 3 or 4 would work on a SS 2.  Can't find
it now.  Can anyone give me a link to reliable
documentation?  Thanks.  If a firmware update is
available, I'll tackle it.

> "http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=37080";
>> > ... succeeded in
>  upgrading the firmware, though it was my first try at EPROM burning
>  and I had to get hold of the necessary equipment beforehand), ...

The instructions I read were to put the update file
at / and then invoke the update at the ok prompt.
Why did you need an EPROM burner?

Thanks,         ... Peter E.

--
Carnot is down, waiting for installation of NetBSD.
Personal site works;  http://members.shaw.ca/peasthope/ .