Re (2): installing NetBSD on a Sparcstation 2.

From:   "..I'd rather be coding ASM!" <uridium%deviate.f.@localhost>
Date:   Sun, 04 Jul 2010 11:47:45 +0300 (EEST)
> SS2, IPX, SLC definitely does boot from cdrom if your nvram is happy and
> probe-scsi finds a cdrom that supports 512byte sector size like most
> panasonic's. :)

Thanks.  I'll probe-scsi.  Might even find the jumper
if needed.

As mentioned earlier, http://www.ebsinc.com/solaris/suncdrom.html ,
cited in */sparc/INSTALL.* does not exist.  Commercial
Web sites are ephemeral and NetBSD should maintain this
documentation about CD drives.  After all, too many
snags in installation make claims about reliability
and hardware universality seem ostentatious.