SS 5 freezes without warning with NetBSD 5.0.2

Hi, listeners!
As described in the subject I have the problem of a freshly installed NetBSD freezing the console on my SS5. This happens on different occasions, e. g. when unpaccking the source tree with "tar -xzvf src.tar.gz" or when using "man". I can't predict when it happens and I don't know where to look as I'm new to this OS and platform. Can anybody give me a clue?

Greetings Frank

--
GU d- s:+ a+ C+>$ UBS>$ P L- !E--- W N+@ !o K--? !w--- O !M- !V- PS+ PE Y? !PGP- t+ 5 X !R tv- b++ DI !D G e h+ r- y?

When pack meets pack in the jungle