Re: Problems with netbsd-5 and MP SS20

On Mar 14, 2010, at 19:59, matthew green wrote:
yeah, netbsd-5 is broken for SMP and sparc. -current is mostly working,
but there are some lingering issues to solve...

i've an SS10 with 3 cpus (HS150 + 2x HS100) that hasn't been booted in
over 5 years but it used to work fine back then.. at least, once pk had
fixed the mismatched cache sizes to work.

i've been looking at trying to get the relevant SMP changes into netbsd-5 branch, but i have already given up attempting to do that for netbsd 5.1.

Okay. I was mostly looking at updating a remotely-deployed (UP) sparc that's running 4.0_RC1. If 5.0 UP works reliably, I think I may just stick to that rather than leave my "other" machine (which is UP anyway) running netbsd-4.

Thanks for the info. I will keep an eye on things and hope that this gets fixed at some point. Sad to have a tri-proc build machine with only one processor working. :-)

                  - Chris