Re: Sparc possibly broken

Frank WiÃmann a Ãcrit :
khaqq schrieb:
On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 19:03:44 +0100
Frank WiÃmann <frank.wissmann41%web.de@localhost> wrote:

BERTRAND Joel schrieb:
Frank WiÃmann a Ãcrit :
Hi, all!
After having got lots of help with my last problem, at first I like to
thank you all.
Here is a new one.
I have bought some new SCA disks which are not recognized by my SS5
and
the "probe-scsi-all"-command. It seems not to be possible that all
four
disks used are broken. How can I verify this? Or how can I test if the
SCSI-Controller of the SS5 is broken?
Do you have a CDROM unit to test ? Is your chain terminated ?
If your chain is terminated, I believe that your ESP chip is broken :-(
Well, when I test it the cdrom device shows up with unit number 6 and
that
is OK. At first the bus wasn't terminated correctly but I changed
that and
it comes up with the same results. So what does this mean? Shall I
throw it away? I have no other device to test the disks.

How big are these drives?

khaqq

They are 36 GB drives from HP.

Check if there is a jumper to force single ended SCSI. I use two 300 GB disks in one of my SS20 without any trouble. If you can see your CDROM drive on SCSI chain, your ESP chip works.

        Regards,

        JKB