Re: [NetBSD 5.99.23] kern_lwp cannot allocate memory

BERTRAND Joel a écrit :
matthew green a écrit :
i've noticed that my ss20 can't run the regress/lib/libpthread/find
test without lowering my stack size.

this test gets the current stacksize and allocates it approximately
350 times:

#define NUM 100
for (i = 0; i< NUM; i++) {
malloc((random()& 7) * sl.rlim_cur);
}

by default for me, it fails on the last iteration. if i lower
my stacksize limit from 8MB to 6MB it does not fail. if i raise
my stackszie limit to the maximum, it fails after 23 iterations.

i can't get the t_lwpctl test to fail though.

It's a strange bug. When this bug occurs, it is reproductible until I
reboot my SS20. I think there is a kernel stack corruption somewhere in
kernel but I can not invetigate. My SS20 is not stable enough :-(

I have built a 5.99.24 MP-kernel. With only one processor (RT626), it is stable and I shall try to reproduce your bug. With two processors, I have tried to rebuild userland with -j2, and kernel enters in deadlock. I don't have information even if DIAGNOSTIC and DEBUG flags are set.

I have tried to reproduced this deadlock, and I've seen (probably) the same with two SM71 (during fsck on boot).

        Regards,

        JKB