Re: [NetBSD 5.99.23] kern_lwp cannot allocate memory

BERTRAND Joel a écrit :
Hello,

I'm trying to update my userland with a MP kernel on a UP workstation
(HyperSparc RT626). glib2 configure script fails with :

checking for localtime_r... yes
checking for gmtime_r... (cached) yes
checking for posix getpwuid_r... no
checking for nonposix getpwuid_r... no
checking for posix getgrgid_r... no
checking for nonposix getgrgid_r... no
checking size of pthread_t... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof
(pthread_t), 77
*** Error code 1

Error returned is :
make: stopped in /home/pkgsrc/devel/glib2
perl: _lwp_ctl: Cannot allocate memory
make: "/usr/pkg/bin/perl -V:prefix -V:installarchlib -V:installscript
-V:installvendorbin -V:installvendorscript -V:installvendorlib
-V:installvendorarch -V:installvendorman1dir -V:installvendorman3dir"
returned non-zero status

that seems to be related to
<http://old.nabble.com/conftest:-_lwp_ctl:-Cannot-allocate-memory-td16202434.html>

Please note that gcc44 fails too with the same error :

checking for shared libgcc... yes
checking whether the target supports .symver directive... yes
configure: versioning on shared library symbols is gnu
checking whether the target supports __sync_*_compare_and_swap... no
updating cache ./config.cache
configure: error: unsupported system, cannot find sizeof (omp_lock_t)
gmake[1]: *** [configure-target-libgomp] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pkgsrc/lang/gcc44/work/obj'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2
*** Error code 2

I have rebooted this SS20 with GENERIC kernel (UP, not MP) and I cannot reproduce this error anymore. Thus I suspect another bug in MP kernel even it runs on only one CPU. :-(

        Regards,

        JKB