Re: mostly working SMP again

        Some news...

        I have made some tests on a SS20. I have only kept ont this workstation
CPU module(s), 512 MB of RAM, one hard disk and a CG6 framebuffer.
Kernel is in all cases GENERIC.MP built from a uptodate CVS.
I only test with HyperSPARC RT626@200 MHz. I only have RT626 in single or
dual CPU and SM71 but I haven't test with SuperSPARC-II.

        I have done the same tests on two SS20 to see if it it reproductible
abd it is... Both SS20 are configured with diag-switch? true and PROM
doesn't report any failure. Thay worked fine with NetBSD 4.0.1 (but I have
to switch ti NetBSD 5 due to a bug in sigpending()...).

        If I try to use NetBSD with more than one CPU, it randomly hangs
and SS20 resets itself and reboot. If I try to boot with the same kernel
(GENERIC.MP) but with only one CPU, system is rock solid. I don't see
any message on console or ttya. I have seen that someone uses this kernel with
HyperSPARC SMP configuration, but not with RT626 thus I suspect a specific
RT626 bug or a timing mistake. How can I obtain informations to debug ?
Kernel doesn't panic and I don't know where I can find any information...

        Regards,

        JKB