Re: GENERIC and DDB

At Fri, 19 Jun 2009 03:10:09 +0900, Izumi Tsutsui
<tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost> wrote:
Subject: Re: GENERIC and DDB

> > It should be noted too that DDB has a "machine prom" command (at least
> > on SPARC and other similarly well designed machines) which can easily be
> > used to drop directly back to the PROM for those that wish to do so.
>
> cvs annotate says it has been noted since 1998.

I assume you mean in ddb(8).

I meant it should be noted here in this thread [:-)] for those readers
who might still be concerned about how they can get a PROM prompt from
their machine, though I suppose it might also be further documented in
the System Manager's Manual, however that seems to have rotted entirely
and unfortunately the NetBSD Guide is of very little use to non-i386
users too when it comes to operations and management of the platform
specific features of their systems.

--
                                                Greg A. Woods
                                                Planix, Inc.