Re: partially working SMP again

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 09:46:08PM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> I've tried the following ugly diff (I don't know about sparc MMU):

I tried the same last night (at least it looks the same), but it didn't work
on my dual HS system.

> HyperSPARC has VIPT cache, so if we need to map one PA page
> against multiple VAs, all the VAs should have the same VA indexes
> to avoid virtual cache aliases.
> I guess sparc/cpu.c:alloc_cpuinfo_gloval_va() in 4.0 handles it.

Exactly - I thought we had ressurrected it, but apparently we did not.
(I was confused in early stages because of various alias macros and
duplicate getcpuinfo() calls made it look like the boot cpus cacheinfo
was used before being initialized, but that was not the case)

Martin