Anyone tried a 5rc3 install

Has anyone tried installing netbsd5-rc3 on a sparc?  It's acting very
strange for me, as in just about totally useless.  First I tried using
the miniroot on my LX. Every time it would ask for the terminal type,
accept the answer, and then act like the keyboard did not exist anymore.
The only thing that would work was the stop-a combo, and that doesn't
further the install too much.

The LX power supply died a few hours later so I tried netbooting a SS20
system I had sitting in the closet for a while.  Same thing has no
problem getting to the point of asking for Install/Upgrade, Reboot, or
Shell, but it won't take the answer (after it just finished listening
for the terminal type.)

It's a type5 keyboard, but I wouldn't think that has much to do with it.
I can't say I can think of too many ways to debug this either, at least
not with the hardware I have available at the moment.  Did someone nuke
the /dev/kbd or /dev/console files from the install image, or something
like that?

Jon