re: Fwd: port-sparc/38288

   On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 10:42:59AM -0400, Michael Lorenz wrote:
   > NetBSD/sparc SMP kernels crash shortly after startup because in the
   > New Order Of Things(tm) we need to have working CPU_INFO_ITERATOR and
   > friends before autoconf runs.

   Can't we grovel the prom in pmap bootstrap and make sure to allocate the
   cpuinfos earlier?

as michael said, sparc_ncpus is set pretty early.  but i had issues
when i tried to allocate these pages in pmap_bootstrap(), which is
really the place this needs to happen.

i don't recall what my problems were and i don't appear to have my
patches any more, this was some time last year.

.mrg.