Best release for an old SPARCclassic

Hi,

now I use NetBSD 3.1 SPARC on an old SPARCclassic workstation with 48MB ram, 1
GB internal hd (other HDs are in an external SCSI box dedicate at file sharing
in my home's 10MB network) and MicroSPARC 50Mhz process.

I know that it's old... but I love this box and it stay with me from several
years.

http://eintr.net/systems/sun/sparcclassic/

Performance, it is a problem... I use it as samba, nfs, DHCP, DNS server... and
sometime I use PostgreSQL as db for my cd/lp collection. All work file but if I
use and old NetBSD release... can it be faster then 3.1 ?
No X at the moment... but I like to use a recent PostgreSQL release, now I use
8.2.5 without problem (compiled in a night).

So... for an old SPARCclassic what it fasert NetBSD relase ?

Regards.
Ganimede Dignan.

Be a better friend, newshound, and