Subject: Re: Iomega Zip100 Paralell on a NetBSD SPARC
To: <>
From: Harri Haataja <realblades@gmail.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/02/2007 18:04:00
On 02/12/2007, John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca> wrote:
> On Apr 24,  6:33am, "Harri Haataja" wrote:
> } On 02/12/2007, John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca> wrote:
> } > On Apr 23,  2:36pm, Chris Wareham wrote:
> } > } Ganimede said on 1/12/07 17:31:
> } > } > I would like to use my old Iomega Zip100 paralell
> } > } > drive on my SPARCclassic (a NetBSD 3.1 box).
> } > } > Where can I find an how-to ?
> } > }
> } > } On x86 at least I believe it "just works":
> } > } http://www.netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/netbsd.html#using-zips
> }
> } >      The page you point at talks about atapi/scsi versions.  It doesn't
> } > say anything about the parallel port version.  As far as I know, you
> } > can't use the parallel port version with NetBSD.
> }
> } Aren't the parallel port versions one of those plus a parallel port
> } controller?  This was a pretty typical arrangement with parallel port
>
>      Perhaps so, but that's irrelevant.  The OS still has to support
> using the parallel port as a transport for those protocols.

What I meant was, there may not be anything about the specific device,
but you could look for the controller support instead. The problem
still probably remains the same. Plus the controller, minus perhaps
the zip.

--
I appear to be temporarily using gmail's horrible interface. I
apologise for any failure in my part in trying to make it do the right