Subject: Re: Iomega Zip100 Paralell on a NetBSD SPARC
To: Harri Haataja <realblades@gmail.com>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/02/2007 05:14:41
On Apr 24,  6:33am, "Harri Haataja" wrote:
} On 02/12/2007, John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca> wrote:
} > On Apr 23,  2:36pm, Chris Wareham wrote:
} > } Ganimede said on 1/12/07 17:31:
} > } > I would like to use my old Iomega Zip100 paralell
} > } > drive on my SPARCclassic (a NetBSD 3.1 box).
} > } > Where can I find an how-to ?
} > }
} > } On x86 at least I believe it "just works":
} > } http://www.netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/netbsd.html#using-zips
}
} >      The page you point at talks about atapi/scsi versions.  It doesn't
} > say anything about the parallel port version.  As far as I know, you
} > can't use the parallel port version with NetBSD.
}
} Aren't the parallel port versions one of those plus a parallel port
} controller?  This was a pretty typical arrangement with parallel port

     Perhaps so, but that's irrelevant.  The OS still has to support
using the parallel port as a transport for those protocols.

}-- End of excerpt from "Harri Haataja"