Subject: Re: Iomega Zip100 Paralell on a NetBSD SPARC
To: <>
From: Harri Haataja <realblades@gmail.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/02/2007 11:57:34
On 02/12/2007, John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca> wrote:
> On Apr 23,  2:36pm, Chris Wareham wrote:
> } Ganimede said on 1/12/07 17:31:
> } > I would like to use my old Iomega Zip100 paralell
> } > drive on my SPARCclassic (a NetBSD 3.1 box).
> } > Where can I find an how-to ?
> }
> } On x86 at least I believe it "just works":
> } http://www.netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/netbsd.html#using-zips

>      The page you point at talks about atapi/scsi versions.  It doesn't
> say anything about the parallel port version.  As far as I know, you
> can't use the parallel port version with NetBSD.

Aren't the parallel port versions one of those plus a parallel port controller?
This was a pretty typical arrangement with parallel port scsi or ide
chips and CD-RW drives or whatnot attached to them for pc's with no
external buses and without the scsi premium price.

--
I appear to be temporarily using gmail's horrible interface. I
apologise for any failure in my part in trying to make it do the right