Subject: Re: NFS server problems on sparc/sparc64?
To: John D. Baker <jdbaker@mylinuxisp.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/28/2007 22:56:01
On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 06:12:01PM -0600, John D. Baker wrote:
> I've been running NetBSD-4.0_RC? on my file servers for some time and
> have been seeing lots of "nfs send error 32" messages on the console,
> clients reporting streams of "nfs server 'foo' not responding", nfs
> server
> 'foo' is alive again.
>
> After a while, all NFS operations cease.  If I do '/etc/rc.d/nfs
> restart'
> it reports all the nfsd process PIDs its waiting to terminate, restarts
> nfs service and the stalled clients pick up where they left off.

I also see this on a sparc IPX running 4.99.20. I did also see it
with netbsd-4, which was the main reason for upgrading to current at the time.

> Occasionally (and more frequently if the load is heavy enough), the
> server will incur a "Watchdog Reset" and be dropped to the OpenBoot
> prompt.

I also see this (although I'm not sure it's a Watchdog Reset because I
couldn't catch it on console when it happens).

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>