Subject: Re: int_fmtio.h problem on sparc64
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Chris Ross <cross+netbsd@distal.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/21/2007 11:45:50
On Nov 21, 2007, at 11:41, Martin Husemann wrote:
> "unsigned long" is 64bit too - so it is correct on 64bit compiles. On
> 32bit compiles uintptr_t is 32bit, so again it is correct.
>
> I guess I don't see the problem you describe - can you elaborate?

   Turns out I was simply mistaken.  There are a number of issues
getting conversions to happen without compiler warnings on 32 and 64
bit machines, and I misunderstood this to be causing a problem I was
having.  I see what you say, and understand now that there is no
problem, in fact.

   Sorry folks...

                                  - Chris