Subject: Re: SS10 unstable under high load (SMP)
To: Atte Peltom?ki <atte.peltomaki@iki.fi>
From: Michael-John Turner <mj@turner.org.za>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/19/2007 10:46:28
On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 11:17:49AM +0300, Atte Peltom?ki wrote:
> Tried, and failed miserably. After having hubertf read
> pthread.buildlink3.mk for me enough to locate the undocumented
> PREFER_NATIVE_PTHREADS environment variable and setting it to "no" in
> python24 Makefile, I get this:

[snip]

Ah yes, I've seen this on sparc64 systems when trying to build certain
packages and not using native pthreads (eg clamav). A quick 'n dirty hack
is to do the following:
- in /usr/include/signal.h, comment out the definitions of
  pthread_sigmask() and pthread_kill()
- in /usr/include/sys/types.h, comment out the include of <pthread_types.h>

That normally works for me, YYMV of course. I've been meaning to see if
pkgsrc could handle this tranparently, but the round tuits have been
lacking.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://mjturner.net/