Subject: Re: Proposed code to reboot the system (Re: SS20 random hanging)
To: Laurent FAILLIE <l_faillie@yahoo.com>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/24/2007 20:22:25
At 0:52 Uhr +0200 24.5.2007, Laurent FAILLIE wrote:
>As explained in previous mail, my SS20 suffer for
>random hanging under NetBSD 3.0.2.

I may not have paid attention, but: Is there any particular reason why you
are sticking with 3.0.x? ISTR that my ss10 became stable quite some time
into the netbsd-3 branch, shortly before the release of 3.1. Since the
netbsd-3-0 branch takes only security and 'fatal bug' fixes, it may be a
sub-optimal choice for sparc.

Without doing a complete system update, you could run the machine with a
kernel from a recent netbsd-3 snapshot, and see if it makes any difference.

	hauke