Subject: Re: Proposed code to reboot the system (Re: SS20 random hanging)
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Laurent FAILLIE <l_faillie@yahoo.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/24/2007 00:52:11
> i'm sorry if i'm being kinda silly here, but why
> would you want to
> reboot the computer when the load gets too high?
> couldn't you just
> kill processes instead? isn't that a little
> overkill?

As explained in previous mail, my SS20 suffer for
random hanging under NetBSD 3.0.2. The machine is
totally unresponsive but the led is still blinking ...
very very slowly. So my workaround is to make the
system rebooting if the load is too high.

Back to my code : I tested it on my spare SS5 and
works (I replaced reboot() by panic()). The only
problem is the loadlevel is very high during startup.

Is a simple way to determine if we finished to boot ?

Bye

Laurent

The misspelling master is on the Web.
   _________	100 % Dictionnary Free !
 /  Dico  / /	Pleins d'autres fautes sur
(#######( /	http://destroyedlolo.homeunix.org
Quoi, des fautes d'orthographe! Pas possible ;-D.