Subject: CCD problem (was: Disklabel problem)
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Laurent FAILLIE <l_faillie@yahoo.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/29/2007 00:39:29
Hi,

--- Michael-John Turner <mj@turner.org.za> a écrit :

> You've just answered your own question :) AFAIK
> NetBSD doesn't support
> media that doesn't use 512-byte sectors. The
> solution is to format the disk
> to 512-byte sectors - something like "scsictl sd2
> format" should do it.

Ok, cool, scsictl makes my day :-)

Now, I have a problem configuring CCD device.
I've followed
http://www.netbsd.org/guide/en/chap-ccd.html chapter.

I labeled my 2 disks as following :

[root]# disklabel -e sd2

# /dev/rsd2c:
type: SCSI
disk: mydisk
label: fictitious
flags:
bytes/sector: 512
sectors/track: 162
tracks/cylinder: 18
sectors/cylinder: 2916
cylinders: 6082
total sectors: 17796078
rpm: 7200
interleave: 1
trackskew: 0
cylinderskew: 0
headswitch: 0           # microseconds
track-to-track seek: 0  # microseconds
drivedata: 0

3 partitions:
#        size    offset     fstype [fsize bsize
cpg/sgs]
 c:  17793162    2916     ccd     0     0        #
(Cyl.      0 -   6102*)

[root]# disklabel -e sd3
# /dev/rsd3c:
type: SCSI
disk: mydisk
label: fictitious
flags:
bytes/sector: 512
sectors/track: 110
tracks/cylinder: 19
sectors/cylinder: 2090
cylinders: 3992
total sectors: 8386733
rpm: 5411
interleave: 1
trackskew: 0
cylinderskew: 0
headswitch: 0           # microseconds
track-to-track seek: 0  # microseconds
drivedata: 0

3 partitions:
#        size    offset     fstype [fsize bsize
cpg/sgs]
 c:   8384643   2090     ccd    0     0        # (Cyl.
     0 -   4012*)

and I created following /etc/ccd.conf :

#ccd    ileave    flags   component    devices
ccd0    0       none    /dev/sd2c /dev/sd3c

but when I'm trying to label the ccd, I got bad
information :

[140]/etc #disklabel ccd0
# /dev/rccd0c:
type: SCSI
disk: mydisk
label: fictitious
flags:
bytes/sector: 512
sectors/track: 162
tracks/cylinder: 18
sectors/cylinder: 2916
cylinders: 6082
total sectors: 17796078
rpm: 7200
interleave: 1
trackskew: 0
cylinderskew: 0
headswitch: 0           # microseconds
track-to-track seek: 0  # microseconds
drivedata: 0

3 partitions:
#        size    offset     fstype [fsize bsize
cpg/sgs]
 c:  17793162      2916        ccd
# (Cyl.      1 -   6102*)

It seems it's the label of the 1st disk of my CCD.
Any idea ?

My SS5 is under NetBSD 2.0.2 w/ ccd enabled

Thanks

Laurent

The misspelling master is on the Web.
   _________	100 % Dictionnary Free !
 /  Dico  / /	Pleins d'autres fautes sur
(#######( /	http://destroyedlolo.homeunix.org
Quoi, des fautes d'orthographe! Pas possible ;-D.

http://fr.answers.yahoo.com