Subject: Near-complete NetBSD/sparc build environment (sun4m), free to good
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Rob Windsor <windsor@warthog.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/10/2007 20:32:18
I've been doing some housecleaning.

I'm giving NetBSD/sparc team first dibs to the stash; if nobody bites,
I'll open it up to craigslist and let some local linux nerd have at
them.  :)

Winner must make arrangements to meet me over an upcoming weekend to
transfer equipment.  You must take all listed hardware off of my hands
at that time.

There are no guarantees, these are "AS IS" with no express or implied
warranty.  Most were working in my dev/production environment when
pulled (hence the population of 100mbit SBUS cards).  If they POST (see
below), they should be good.  If not, there's probably a bad CPU module
in "slot 0" and some tinkering could bring it to life.

I have six sun4m systems in assorted states of functionality and one
empty chassis.  One system is a Tatung TurboSPARC SparcStation-5, the
others are Sun or Tatung SS20s with either SuperSPARC or HyperSPARC
processors.

There are five Sun keyboards, which are all original "Type 5" variety
with detachable cable (I have more than five cables, you get them all).
  Four of them have the control key next to the `A' key, one is "PC Kbd
layout".

Add three type-5 roller-ball mice, three type-6 roller-ball mice, a tub
full of video cables/adapters for 13W3->BNC or 13W3->VGA, and a
PS/2->Sun mouse+kbd converter box (lets you use PS/2 keyboard on Sun
console).

None of these systems have drives (!!); the Tatungs take 50-pin SCSI,
the Suns take 80-pin SCA SCSI.  All boxes have drive carriers and screws
so that you can bolt on aftermarket drives.  Alternatively, they all
have external SCSI connectors, or you can netboot them.

None of the Sun SS20s have video memory, they were equipped with SBUS
video cards.  There should be a TGX+ card in here, somewhere (4MB
memory) but I didn't look too hard for it.

The Tatungs are ~100% hardware-compatible with Sun -- I ran NetBSD
1.4.1/1.5 on them for several years.  The only drawback to Tatung
hardware is no space for internal CD-Rom.  The CPU modules and memory
sticks transfer to Sun hardware.

Here are the details from my quick'n'dirty inventory:

Rob++
--
Internet: windsor@warthog.com                             __o
Life: Rob@Carrollton.Texas.USA.Earth                    _`\<,_