Subject: Re: wscons support for various framebuffers (questions from NetBSD sparc newbie)
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/28/2007 18:18:44
>> Is anyone working on the infamous SS5 AFX bus S24 aka tcx cards?
>> Got my SS5 equipped with it but it seems that support for this card
>> is almost nonexistant.

In addition to the xcg14, I built an xs24 which, like xcg14, supports
8bpp and 24bpp on the same screen.

However, I got very annoying transient horizontal streaks on the screen
under some circumstances - I suspect there's some RAM cycle-stealing
going on somewhere.

> I'd write a driver ( both wscons and xfree86 ) if I had the hardware.

Just a day or two ago I was going through SBus hardware and found a
card which I think is an S24 - it's got the funky connector on the end,
at least.  I'll try to find the round tuits to dig out a 5 and give it
a try.  If it works, you can have it - I've got another, and given the
horizontal streaks I'm unlikely to use S24s much, meaning the one I
already have should do me.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign