Subject: Re: Xsun and screen blanking
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Bill Green <bill@supposedly.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/27/2007 21:40:01
matthew green wrote:

> there are two builtin ways this could happen.  what does "xset -q"
> say for DPMS and for "screen blanking"?  see the xset s and dpms
> commands for controlling these parameters...

The "Screen Saver" fields look normal:
prefer blanking: yes
allow exposures: yes
timeout: 600
cycle: 600

The problem is that it blanks the screen (or puts up the X logo) after
the timeout value has expired regardless of whether the server has been
active (mouse or keyboard input) during that time or not.

It also says for DPMS: Display is not capable of DPMS.  The monitor is
capable; I assume this means that the cg6 framebuffer is not?

Michael Lorenz wrote:

 > If you use a 4.0 userland you already have XFree86 in /usr/X11R6, all
 > you need to use it is a wscons kernel ( read: wsdisplay at cgsix, wskbd
 > at kbd, wsmouse at ms, kbd and ms at zstty - just like on sparc64 )

I have the 4.0 kernel with wscons, but I am still using the 3.1
userland.  I will build the 4.0 userland and try the other server.