Subject: Re: questions from NetBSD sparc newbie
To: NetBSD/sparc Discussion List <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/26/2007 15:53:56
> Now that I'm sitting with another rejuvianted hires monitor in front
> of me (thanks very much to my friend and video wizard Doug Lee!)

Might this Doug Lee be willing to give me some pointers on doing
likewise to mine?  I have a 1600x1280 1bpp monitor I'd very much like
to get back in operation, but it dimmed into unusability.  I'm pretty
sure I kept it against finding someone who could help it....

> I could mabye try to do the job for bwtwo though [...] (as I don't
> have any hardware specs for it to work from, though if someone has
> those they would be handy!).

The bwtwo is about as dumb as framebuffers get.  I think the only bits
you need to care about are the video RAM and the "video off" bit used
by screenblankers.  (I think there's some timing goop and such, but
that's set up by the PROM code at POST and you don't need to touch it.)
The existing bwtwo driver should tell you everything you need, I think.

> I only have just one working bwtwo sbus card and it's driving this
> monitor from my desktop SS20 (though I sure would like to have a
> spare bwtwo if anyone's got one).

I'm pretty sure I've got a spare.  I'll check when I get home.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign