Subject: Re: questions from NetBSD sparc newbie
To: Ganimede <newtoolbox@yahoo.com>
From: Joel Reicher <joel@panacea.null.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/26/2007 23:13:36

http://netbsd.org/Ports/sparc/hardware.html#network-interfaces

> - Does WSCONS supported on NetBSD sparc ? If I try to
> eble on rc.conf WSCONS I see a message about
> unsuppoted (or device not found).

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sparc/2006/01/28/0003.html

and other messages.

> - Without WSCONS, can I able virtual console
> (linux-like ALT+F1, ALT+F2, ecc.) ? can I use mouse
> (for cut-paste) in console ?

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/current/pkgsrc/misc/screen/README.html

I can't think of anything that will talk to the mouse though (other
than X and wscons).

> - I try to compile a custom kernel, now when I start
> dhcpd I see and error message about "no bpf device".
> Do I forgot an option in kernel ?

Did you configure some bpfilter pseudo devices?

> - I installa Samba from 3.0.2 pkg collection, it works
> fine but how can I start Samba at each boot ? I see rc
> scripts ... can I copy scripts into /etc/rc.d ?

http://netbsd.org/guide/en/chap-rc.html

I expect the samba package has installed its own scripts. If those
scripts use NetBSD's rc.d system they can be controlled from rc.conf.

Cheers,

	- Joel