Subject: questions from NetBSD sparc newbie
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Ganimede <newtoolbox@yahoo.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/26/2007 02:13:32
Hi list,

I'm a NetBSD newbie and I've just migrate from Linux
to NetBSD (3.1) on my old SPARCclassic (48 MB ram, 1
GB hd, ecc.)

I've some questions:

- Does NetBSD support SBUS Token Ring ?

- Does WSCONS supported on NetBSD sparc ? If I try to
eble on rc.conf WSCONS I see a message about
unsuppoted (or device not found).

- Without WSCONS, can I able virtual console
(linux-like ALT+F1, ALT+F2, ecc.) ? can I use mouse
(for cut-paste) in console ?

- I try to compile a custom kernel, now when I start
dhcpd I see and error message about "no bpf device".
Do I forgot an option in kernel ?

- I installa Samba from 3.0.2 pkg collection, it works
fine but how can I start Samba at each boot ? I see rc
scripts ... can I copy scripts into /etc/rc.d ?

Regards.
Ganimede Dignan.

The fish are biting.