Subject: Re: SS10 serial port
To: Nicholas Papadakos <panic@umbrela.org>
From: Isaac Wagner-Muns <fubar22@gmail.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/29/2006 14:58:59
which serial port are you using? when a ss10 or 20 boots without a
keyboard, it turns the first serial port into a console, so try
switching serial ports. if it looks like you have 1 serial port
that's a db25 connector, it's actually 2 serial ports in one
connector, and you need to get an adapter.
This website has more information:

http://obsolyte.com/sunFAQ/serial/

On Dec 28, 2006, at 6:31 PM, Nicholas Papadakos wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a ss10 on which I try to connect a serial modem.
>
> After some effort I manage to set it up properly. However whenever
> I try to
> boot the machine without keyboard the machine freezes.
>
> The modem lights are flashing and then it freezes.
>
> My guess is that since there is no keyboard present he machines
> defaults to
> the serial port and somehow hangs.
>
> I set the configuration register to look for ttyb as default input
> and I was
> able to see the os booting and freeze after filesystem check.
>
> I guess that's a netbsd specific issue since it passed the original
> tests.
>
> Anything I can do ?
>

> Thank you in advance,
>
> Regards,
>
> Nicholas Papadakos

A limerick packs laughs anatomical
Into space that is quite economical.
         But the good ones I've seen
         So seldom are clean,
And the clean ones so seldom are comical.