Subject: Re: Seeking a laptop scsi disk...
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Tillman Hodgson <tillman@seekingfire.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/15/2006 13:40:43
On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 01:37:55PM -0500, der Mouse wrote:
> >> How are you getting power into the Voyager?  Did you hack the Sun
> >> cable, or did you do something akin to my power-over-ttya-DB25
> >> kludge?
> > I just plugged it in with the included cable.
>
> > Is there some kind of oddity that I don't know about that a previosu
> > owner may have fixed for me?  I can take some pics if that helps.
>
> Well, I've never seen - nor, before this, heard of - an external disk
> enclosure with a connector suitable for feeding power to a Voyager, so
> at the very least it's somewhat unusual.
>
> Yes, I'd be interested in pix, if you'd be willing to take some,
> especially of the power feed part.

I puzzled over this for a while, and I think I finally got it -- I'm
guessing that you thought I meant I was bringing 110v power into the
Voyager via the SCSI connector somehow?

If that were so, it would definitely be cool. Sadly, by "powering" I
merely meant it in the "it's able to run with a _disk_ now, w00t"
sense.

Your idea is much cooler than my meager story about an external Sun SCSI
disk enclosure :-) Reminds me of the Coleco Adam and it's power supply
being in the printer.

-T

--
Chase the moment. Where does it go? Exactly.