Subject: Re: Seeking a laptop scsi disk...
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Tillman Hodgson <tillman@seekingfire.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/13/2006 12:31:51
On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 01:03:13PM -0500, der Mouse wrote:
> > [...].  Sadly, the means I'm reduced to reading this thread on Google
> > Groups.  Oh well.
>
> Do you know about mail-index.netbsd.org?  Check out
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sparc/ if not.

Sadly, I'm lazy and it doesn't do threading for me ;-)

I usually keep /everything/ of even vague interest from the BSD mailing
lists ... my netbsd Maildir has 5631 messages at the moment. My last
batch of "get caught up on unread mail" was a little less thoughtful
than usual though.

> > I'm actually using an old Sun hard drive enclosure with a 1GB drive
> > in it to power my Voyager.
>
> How are you getting power into the Voyager?  Did you hack the Sun
> cable, or did you do something akin to my power-over-ttya-DB25 kludge?

I just plugged it in with the included cable.

Is there some kind of oddity that I don't know about that a previosu
owner may have fixed for me? I can take some pics if that helps.

-T