Subject: Re: dig(1) broken on sparc netbsd-3?
To: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
From: Michael-John Turner <mj@turner.org.za>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/22/2006 11:06:18
On Sun, Oct 22, 2006 at 01:51:39AM +0200, Hauke Fath wrote:
> Looking through doc/CHANGES-3.1, this was most likely broken with the
> pull-up of BIND 9.3.2. How did the previous version (was that 8.x, or
> already 9.x?) handle the problem?

I have a pair of 3.0_STABLE kernel dual CPU sparc systems (with 3.0
userlands, ie BIND 9.3.0) which don't exhibit this problem. I'm guessing
that the change to build BIND on sparc/sparc64 without pthread support came
after 3.0 though, as my dig(1) is linked against libpthread.

FWIW, both machines (primary and secondary nameservers hosting a few zones
and doing DNS caching amongst other things) have been rock solid, even with
BIND compiled with pthread support.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://mjturner.net/