Subject: Re: RE : Re: RE : Re: My SS20 hangs regulary under NetBSD 3.0
To: Laurent FAILLIE <l_faillie@yahoo.com>
From: Jaime A Fournier <ober@linbsd.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/16/2006 08:28:22

--0-1407489298-1161005302=:9457

I have a ss20 dual 66 running 3.0.1 and have been hammering it with=20
httperf on apache with static content for the last 10 hours.
No errors like the thread ones you mentioned appear in the apache error=20
log.
What kind of data are you serving?
Is it dynamic or static content?

-Ober

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006, Laurent FAILLIE wrote:

> Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 19:56:27 +0200 (CEST)
> From: Laurent FAILLIE <l_faillie@yahoo.com>
> To: port-sparc@NetBSD.org
> Subject: RE : Re: RE : Re: My SS20 hangs regulary under NetBSD 3.0
>=20
> Ok, I did some tests :
>
> 1/ with top running on the console :
> -> not the same sympthoms as before : this time, I
> returned to the OK prompt after a "Whatchdog reset".
> Unfortunately, this message appears just where the
> active process should be on the TOP screen.
>
> 2/ Another test with only the console on, on the
> loggin mire.
> -> the machine hangs w/o any message displayed :-(
>
> 3/ I made a mistake and forgot to restart Apache. This
> time, the machins runs w/o trouble.
>
> =3D> I suspect a problem w/ threads. As said in a
> previous mail, I got many message in my apache's error
> log :
>
> Detected by file
> "/home/builds/ab/netbsd-3-0-RELEASE/src/lib/libpthread/pthread_mutex.c",
> line 135, function "pthread_mutex_destroy".
> See pthread(3) for information.
> [Sun Oct 15 19:42:59 2006] [notice] child pid 398 exit
> signal Abort trap (6)
>
> I will try to rebuild apache w/o thread support (I far
> I remember, there is an option for this) and let my
> machine runs.
>
> Do people having a stable 3.0 runing Apache ? With
> thread enabled ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Laurent
>

> The misspelling master is on the Web.
>   _________=09100 % Dictionnary Free !
> /  Dico  / /=09Pleins d'autres fautes sur
> (#######( /=09http://destroyedlolo.homeunix.org
> Quoi, des fautes d'orthographe! Pas possible ;-D.

__
> Yahoo! Mail r=E9invente le mail ! D=E9couvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail et s=
on interface r=E9volutionnaire.