Subject: RE : Re: My SS20 hangs regulary under NetBSD 3.0
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Laurent FAILLIE <l_faillie@yahoo.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/12/2006 23:02:02
--- Greg Earle <earle@isolar.DynDNS.ORG> a écrit :

> I have the same exact machine as Laurent
> (SPARCserver 20 with a
> single Ross 180 MHz CPU) running 1.6.1 and Apache,
> and it never,
> ever hangs.

Well, I'm thinking to switch back to 1.6.?? because I
never had any trouble when my SS5 was under 1.6.1.

Now, the situation is :
* my SS5 is under 2.1 and crashes time to time due to
memory management problem (if Apache consume too much
memory, some processes are swapped out and some time,
this causing hanging). I reduced some parameters in
Apache and it seems it makes my SS5 more stable but
performances are quite poor in race condition.
* As said, my SS20 is under 3.0 and crahes without any
link with machine activities.

No so good for live web sites :-(

The misspelling master is on the Web.
   _________	100 % Dictionnary Free !
 /  Dico  / /	Pleins d'autres fautes sur
(#######( /	http://destroyedlolo.homeunix.org
Quoi, des fautes d'orthographe! Pas possible ;-D.

Demandez à ceux qui savent sur Yahoo! Questions/Réponses
http://fr.answers.yahoo.com