Subject: Re: My SS20 hangs regulary under NetBSD 3.0
To: Laurent FAILLIE <l_faillie@yahoo.com>
From: Noah Meyerhans <frodo@morgul.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/10/2006 22:42:59
--opXR4bS/BgjGcxUR

On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 11:41:06PM +0200, Laurent FAILLIE wrote:
> I own an SS20 w/ only 1 CPU :=20
> cpu0 at mainbus0: RT620/625 @ 180 MHz, on-chip FPU
> cpu0: 512K byte write-back, 32 bytes/line, sw flush:
> cache enabled
>=20
> This machine runs under NetBSD 3.0 and servers Apache
> 2.2, PHP and PostGreSQL.
> Unfortunately, this machine hangs totaly randomely :
> I'm unable to connect thru telnet or on its serial
> console, it doesn't accept HTTP or FTP connection ...
> but it seems it's still alive : I have built the
> kernel w/ BLINK option, and the power LED blink very
> very slowly.
>=20
> After rebooting, there is nothing special in
> /var/logs/messages nor in apache's log. As suspect a
> problem in NetBSD itself.
>=20
> Is it a know bug of Sparc/NetBSD-3.0 ? Is there any
> patchs for this ?

I can't really offer much help other than a "me too".  I've got a
similar machine running a similar set of applications, and am
occasionally seeing system crashes or hangs.  I'm running NetBSD 3.0
with the GENERIC kernel build.  The machine was upgraded from 1.6.2,
which was very stable.

noah

--opXR4bS/BgjGcxUR

--opXR4bS/BgjGcxUR--