Subject: LX builtin framebuffer woes
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/08/2006 23:35:56
I've got two LXen.  The LX has a cgsix on the motherboard, and if you
"cd" to it and do "words" you'll see - or at least I do for each of
mine - that it has resolution-changing words supporting, among others,
1280x1024.

But when I setenv output-device to /sbus/cgsix@3,0:r1280x1024x67 (or
whatever it is), the console appears to start fine but wedges as soon
as it tries to scroll.

However, my two machines wedge in different ways.  (One just hangs,
still displaying the pre-scroll display; on the other, the video
glitches as if it were changing scan frequencies and hangs displaying
either black screen or no video, I'm not sure which.)  Given this, I
rather wonder if I just have two differently busted framebuffers or if
this is just how LXes work (or more accurately, fail).

So, if anyone has an LX, a monitor capable of 1280x1024, and some way
to recover (unplug the keyboard and use serial console, or an OS if you
have it set to auto-boot, to change output-device back), I wonder if
you could try it and see if yours weird out when they try to scroll at
1280x1024?

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign