Subject: Re: current kernel compile failing on properties.h
To: Robert Swindells <rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/25/2006 21:33:57
On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 03:31:24PM +0100, Robert Swindells wrote:

> Heitzso wrote:
> >nbmake: don't know how to make /usr/src/sys/sys/properties.h. Stop
>
> >I've tried 4 times to cvs update /usr/src against current and get a
> >clean compile of GENERIC.MP with the command sequence
>
> >cd /usr/src
> >cvs update -dPA

Actually you probably want 'cvs update -d -P -I ! -I CVS -I .#*'

So that cvs will complain anout anything unusual in the tree.
Also scan it with 'find' for any symbolic links and delete those.
The always request build.sh use a separate ojbect tree so that nothing
(should) end up in the source tree. 'make clean' is then simply 'rm -rf obj'.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk