Subject: Re: secure ftpd and others with older NetBSD?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg Earle <earle@isolar.DynDNS.ORG>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/30/2006 09:45:43
On Aug 30, 2006, at 8:33 AM, Tom Uban wrote:

> I'm running NetBSD 1.4.1 on my Sparc IPX and it has been
> incredibly stable.  I am now finding that I need to support
> some of the secure transfer/connection methods such as
> sftp[d] and perhaps ssh[d].  Will these daemons and apps
> run on my older kernel/system or do I need to go through
> a painful upgrade process?

If it's any help, I use SSH into my NetBSD 1.6.1-running
SPARCserver 20 every day.  Works fine.  1.6.1 has been
"incredibly stable" for me as well.  (I am going to retire
the machine someday - soon, he said - which is why I haven't
upgraded it from 1.6.1.)  While all upgrades are "painful",
you might be able to get away with a smaller delta to get
your necessary capability.

	- Greg