Subject: Re: free Sun SBus cards & parts, some Sun RAM
To: Robin-David Hammond%KB3IEN <rhammond@databit7.com>
From: M Thompson <m_thompson@ids.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/16/2006 20:00:14
If they have a 68020 and the memory is soldered onto the motherboard
then it is a 3/50.
If they have a 68020 and use 30 pin memory they are Sun3s. Most
likely a 3/60 or 3/80.

If they really are Sun2s then the memory is soldered on to the
motherboard on a 2/50 or soldered onto a Multibus board on a 2/120 or 2/170.

At 05:14 PM 8/16/2006, Robin-David Hammond%KB3IEN wrote:

>I have 3 sun2s (motorola 68010+sun_fpu) in a lab in maryland that I
>hope to test/explore/port zebra, etc on in the comming weeks.
>
>The all have integrated nics (AUI) But i think i would have an
>easier time if they also had nic to play with, separate than the
>one  that is running the nfs clients. ( i expect to neboot the whole thing.)
>
>I think the sun2's use 30 pin memory. And are maxed out, but if you
>have any 10baseT nics that would be handy.
>

>On Tue, 15 Aug 2006, Robert Swindells wrote:
>
>>Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 00:48:27 +0100 (BST)
>>From: Robert Swindells <rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk>
>>To: sr@genyosha.net
>>Cc: port-sparc@NetBSD.org, port-sparc64@NetBSD.org
>>Subject: Re: free Sun SBus cards & parts, some Sun RAM
>>
>>Steve Rikli wrote:
>>>I'm cleaning out some Sun SBus & RAM spare parts -- preference goes
>>>to anyone who would use the stuff for the benefit of the NetBSD
>>>community.
>>
>>>All I ask in return is repayment for shipping.  The hardware is
>>>presently located in Silicon Valley, CA, USA.
>>
>>>I have at least 1, sometimes a couple, of each of these:
>>
>>[snip]
>>
>>>- "ge", Sun part# 501-4375
>>
>>This shouldn't be too hard to support. We just lack a sbus attachment for
>>the gem driver.
>>
>>I have got one of the 1000B-SX (fibre) variants with a view to doing
>>some work on the driver. It might be helpful to know who takes your
>>card(s?).
>>
>>[snip]
>>
>>>Lastly for now, I have a handful of the Ultra1 plastic disk drive
>>>brackets -- Sun part# 540-2782 -- which can also be made to work
>>>in Ultra2 AFAI can tell.  Empty though -- no drives.  ;-)
>>
>>I have swapped drives between a U1 and U2, works fine.
>>
>>Robert Swindells
>

>Robin-David Hammond     KB3IEN
>+1 347 350 34 00

Michael Thompson