Subject: Re: individual hme sbus cards vs quad hme sbus cards
To: Bruce O'Neel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
From: Doom Warrior <doomwarriorx@gmail.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/15/2006 18:15:57
ok I upgrade to 3.0.1. Beside this ugly NKMEM-Problem isn't fixed on
the 3.0.1-branch
the system seems to run stable again (after fixing the source and
building a new kernel)

> BTW, to the original poster: Your wget through the le0 interface is
> running at almost 10 mbits/sec, and your hme is running at about 21
> megabits/sec, so most faster internet connections will be ok.  Just
> use the SS20 as a firewall and don't write to the disk :-)
yes that's true, but I wish to upgrade to 16Mbits this year, so the
LANCE isn't good enough ;o)

> ip4csum does not appear supported on hme devices in 3.0.1, (at least on
> sparc64); but tcp4csum and udm4csum work
also for sparc only tcp4csum and udm4csum work, but speed up the wget
to ~2.4MB/s
But as Bruce already say, the test isn't really good because reading
from disk generates
more traffic on the sbus. But all the test wasn't with complex
firewall rules, after enabling pf
the speed drop to 2MB again. I was afraid the decrease would be more.
So the result is good enough for an upgrade :-)

Best Regards
Stephan

PS.
This line from GENERIC.MP is only for sun4d?
cpu*            at cpuunit?
if so, I think there should be some kind of "# sun4d"-marking.