Subject: Re: scsi question with sparcstation.
To: Paul (NCC/CS). <pts@bom.gov.au>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/21/2006 16:45:18
On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 11:00:51AM +1000, Paul (NCC/CS). wrote:

> although last night i went to wack a terminator on the bus on the
> back of the cdrom device and found that there was a switch which
> said "terminate" and it was on. So it was terminated all along anyway!

Another thing to check is that the scsi bus fuse is not blown, that
will cause the external bus to fail.  The fuses in these machines is a
funny looking thing - it's not your standard 3AG style with endcaps
and glass tube.  I is a little plastic cylinder about 7-8mm in
diameter with a couple of wire legs at one end.  There should be a
couple on the board (one for the keyboard/mouse, the other for the
scsi bus).  They are ridiculously easy to blow if you are fiddling
with the scsi bus while it is live.

--
Brett Lymn