Subject: Re: is it hardware or software thats broken?
To: Paul (NCC/CS). <pts@bom.gov.au>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/19/2006 08:13:29
--=-=-=

Can you run build.sh ok?  If so, and it's only pkgsrc builds that
lose, that would make me think your hw is ok.

not really relevant (U5 vs SS5), but maybe:

I have an ultra5 that was stable on netbsd-2 for a long time and
started crashing over night.  it turned out to be hardware, and
swapping the cpu box fixed it.  I then built netbsd-3 and updated, and
it's still fine.  When my father went scrounging in the spare U5 pile,
he went through about 3 before he found one that would boot - which
was surprising.

=2D-=20
        Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>

--=-=-=