Subject: Re: [edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org: Re: powerbook duo 250 needed for loan to get supported?]
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Michael-John Turner <mj@turner.org.za>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/01/2006 15:59:13
On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 05:38:39PM +0200, Andreas_Hallmann wrote:
> But I would point you to the 2.1_STABLE branch, since there are still
> stability issues with 3.0_STABLE.  I get a watchdog-reset on a one or two
> times a day basis on my gateway (SS2) and imapserver (SS1).  This wasn't
> the case with 2.1.

I haven't had any stability problems with 3.0_STABLE on my sparc machines.
My Axil 320 (SS20 clone) and SS10, both dual SM61 running MP kernels, have
been up for ~90 days each. They aren't heavily stressed, doing DNS, dhcp,
ntp, etc but they've been rock solid. Before I decomissioned it, my SS2 ran
3.0_STABLE without problem and my various other sparc systems (not
currently powered on) didn't have any problems either.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://weblogs.turner.org.za/mj/
mj@turner.org.za    | Open Source in WC ZA - http://www.clug.org.za/