Subject: Re: nfslocking problem persists?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org, port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: John D. Baker <jdbaker@mylinuxisp.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/27/2006 23:27:27
On Mon, 22 May 2006, John D. Baker wrote:

> Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > How old is your "rpc.statd"? I've fixed a bug in it at the 29th of March
> > which caused a lot of problems when my Mac OS X system access my
> > NetBSD 3.0_STABLE NFS server.
>
> My /usr/sbin/rpc.statd dates from 11 April 2006, although that is the
> date it was built.  The sources could well have been old enough to not
> have your big fix.  I have recently built 3.99.19 from sources dated
> about a week ago.  As soon as I can get everything settled down, I'll
> update the system.  I won't be able to monitor them as I'll be out
> of town for a couple of weeks (and said machines are inaccessible from
> outside).
>
> And I've confirmed that with the present system, rpc.lockd does crash
> and dump core.  It roughly coincides with the MacOS X system complaining
> that the server could not be contacted.

I didn't have time to do a complete update, but I did replace rpc.statd
and rpc.lockd with the ones I built from sources from about 20 May
(3.99.19).  I also made sure to delete the old /var/db/statd.status
file.  Unfortunately rpc.lockd is still dumping core, although the
frequency of occurrance has dropped still lower than it was before.

--
John D. Baker, KN5UKS                    NetBSD     Darwin/MacOS X
jdbaker(at)mylinuxisp(dot)com                 OpenBSD            FreeBSD