Subject: Re: SunPC accelerator card
To: None <tr0x@tiscali.it>
From: Andreas Hallmann <hallmann@ahatec.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/23/2006 15:12:15
tr0x wrote:

>Hi, is there any support in NetBSD for SunPC Accelerator sbus cards?
>(It would be nice to use them as generic "accelerators" in old machines
>like the lunchbox models...)
>
>Thanks,
>

>Andrea.

The short answer is no.  There is no support (yet?)

But now that we have support for "xen-client" support on the i386 side,
we already have a a sufficiently stupid machine (xen) netbsd is ported to.

Should be an excelent starting point for coding the glue code on the
sparc side.

Lot of us were interested in the past. But nobody liked to invest to
much time.
Lack of documents for thoose beasts will still be an issue. (how to get
them bootstraped ?)

Andrea, may be you can team up a group.
Sorry I don't have such a card, being in a move, having to much children
and a wife which likes to get other things realy done,
I prefer to stay tuned trowing in some ideas from time to time.

But I think we could gather info's allready occupied by list members:

So what is known of this interesting parts of hardware???

Andreas